So I finally finished all my finals!! I'll be flying back to HK in 2 days too, so be on the lookout for posts from the both of us :)
bye finals, see you in April :D
Since Christmas is coming up, I decided to do a post about chestnuts!
(hence the title...not a "bieliber" or anything, but I do like the song heh)
Anyways, chestnuts are very popular during the holidays, and here are some reasons why YOU should check them out this holiday season:
- they are relatively low in calories: low in fat but high in starch content, unlike other nuts
- they have a soft crumbly texture, and are a little sweet
- research has shown that chestnuts can repair holes and leaks in blood vessels & can also make the wall of the vein more elastic
- it contains high quality protein which makes it a good body building food
- they are high in dietary fiber and helps lower blood cholesterol
- they are rich in vitamin C (perfect way to keep yourself from getting sick before the holidays!)
If you decide to buy some chestnuts, make sure you store them in the refrigerator to prevent them from going bad (they can last up to 2-3 weeks if stored properly).
Here is an easy way to prepare chestnuts, or rather how I make mine!
rinse the chestnuts
make a cross on the chestnut to prevent them from bursting when boiled
(laying them flat makes it easier to cut)
boil them for about 10-20 minutes
and there you have it!
They really are super super easy to make, hope you guys like it and try them out!
You can also bake them in the oven instead of boiling them.
See you guys in HK,