Wednesday, 11 January 2012
Life in a day of a Fashion Intern: Busy as a Bee!
Hey all you lovelies out there!
So sorry for the lack of update, I've been super duper busy juggling work with what little social life I have left! If you guys don't know yet, I'm currently the Fashion Intern at Prestige Magazine! I'm extremely bad at adjusting to life back at work (haha yes, i've gotten lazy during the hols!!)
Don't worry, I've totally been taking photos everyday documenting my work outfits which I promise to upload at the end of the week. Meanwhile, heres a sneak peak at the duties of a fashion intern:
So the mornings start at 9:00 - 9:30 every morning! My colleagues are super sweet and pretty flexible with my work times!
My First Few Duties
- Looking through this season's (SS12) runway trends and choosing my picks for the magazine. I swear my eyes are going zig zaggy by the end of the day from sorting through all the designers photos! A good kind of Zig Zaggy of course ;)
- Learning how to pronounce designer names; i.e Moschino = Mos-KEE-no and Balenciaga = Balen-SEE-aaaga.
- I do some random mini things for the fashion shoots such as pick up the props, steam the garments and bring them to the location. I saw the most GORGEOUS fashion collection today at the shoot! Crazy beautiful Turquoise Louboutin Heels! I swear I'm in love!
- Work on articles, currently one about designers and their muses and one about the catwalk shoe designers.
- Contacting a LOT of PR representatives and chasing them for info and photos!!!
So far thats all I've got! Pretty hectic work for only three days but I'm LOVING IT <3 Can't wait for more excitement to come!! Life's pretty good as far as I'm concerned, they haven't even asked me to get coffee yet!
I promise I'll update you by the end of the week!
kisses and lovee